Adding Frameworks to XCode4
Every time I need to add a new Framework to an iPhone application on XCode4 I am dumbfounded because I don’t see how it is done. Well, I did figure it out again and so I want to make a mental note here that I don’t forget. This is done against the latest XCode4 (preview 6) and so your milage might vary.
These are the steps to accomplish that:
- Select the Project on the left hand side bar with the blue icon on the left
- Inside there select the target (left side bar inside the editor pane or just right to the project tree where we selected the project)
- Click on the Build Phases tab on the top
- Open the Link Binary with Libraries bar
- Click on the + button to add a new library
- Select the desired Framework in the pop-up dialog
- Now just below the project icon on the left you will see the Framework appear (with the yellow box icon)
- Drag the Framework onto the Frameworks Group icon (yellow folder icon) so that it is listed inside that group
Build and Enjoy.